Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Artificial Grass is Always Greener Than Asphalt

So I'm an urban baby. I was born in Manhattan and I live in Manhattan. However, I do get out to the 'burbs every once in a while to visit with relatives, where I've been known to run around in some grass. But being an urban baby limits my exposure to grass. Most of the playgrounds I go to involve asphalt and some sort of hard rubber to fall on. Whee! But today, I discovered something different. Something wonderful.

Artificial grass.

This asphalt feels different.
I was very surprised by this new material beneath my feet and wasn't sure what to do at first.  So I popped a squat and took it all in.


I sat like this for quite some time. Too long, if you ask Mama. Eventually I saw something I liked and started to move. I used my baby charms and soon enough, it was mine:

Red bat!
My new friend Jackson was nice enough to share. That's Jackson in the upper left of the photo, all decked out in his hat, sunglasses, madras shorts,  and Vans. He's cool like that. But then I saw something even better:

Yellow pail!
I didn't care whose it was - it was mine now! Wait, what's that?:

Orange bucket!
Notice how I even veered off of the artificial grass for the orange bucket? Just trying to honor your love of orange and make you proud, Daddy! If only there was something blue around here, too...

Blue slide!
Woot!!

2 comments: