Monday, August 6, 2012

My Pumped Up Kicks

So, today I tried out my new shoes at the playground.  I started out just wearing them while on the swings.  I wasn't thrilled. Notice my not-thrilled expression:


Then I moved on to the jungle gym.  The meat of the playground.  Where the real playing happens.  I was ready for this.  Or was I?


I wasn't.  I resigned myself to just sitting with these boats on my feet and playing in the dirt.  But as tasty and delicious as the tiny leaves were, I wanted to move on.  Plus, Mama's ridiculous attempts to encourage me (yes, yes, I see how you're moving your feet) finally wore me down.  It was time to do this.

Step 1 - stretch:


Step 2 - shake a leg:


Step 3 - hold on!


Hey, this is ok!


I even made a friend.


Step 4 (for Mama) - clean shoes:


It's better than the alternative.


No comments:

Post a Comment